“Hardwork Beats Talent
Talent Doesn’t Work Hard”
Dr.M.Rajaram is an exceptional IAS Officer of 1992 batch with balanced and appropriate views on administration. He has taken a Post Graduate Degree in English and Education. He is also a Law Graduate with a B.L. Degree. In addition, he holds a Doctorate Degree in HRD He is a great research scholar in the field of Education and his research papers have received much acclaim at the national level. Read More
Dr. M. Rajaram IAS(retd.)
Full Name : Moorthy Rajaram
Address : No. 4/59, Luz Church Avenue, Mylapore, Chennai-600004
D.O.B : 26th February 1956
Email : email@example.com
Mobile : +91 98401 36909
Languages Known : Tamil, English & Telugu
A bureaucrat par excellence, having handled virtually all major departments of state administration, excelling in implementing policies of the Government while maintaining a reputation for impeachable integrity, is a versatile, able administrator, an erudite scholar, a prolific writer and a valued patron of fine arts / temples, etc. Read More
University Of Madras 1993
University Of Madras 1992
M Ed (Education)
Madurai Kamaraj University 1982
Madurai Kamaraj University 1978
Asian Development Bank
Tourism Projects 2007-2009
Women Development 2004-2006
Child Labor Elimination 1999-2001
- Tech Savvy
- Public Relations
- Swachh Bharat
- Temple Renovation
- Inter-personal Skills
- Leadership – Service
- Rural / Urban Housing
- Rural Infrastructure
- Poverty Alleviation
- Revenue Administration
- Media Management
- Cogent Thinker and Prolific Writer
Positions In Various Places
- Post Graduate Teacher 1979-82.
- District Education Officer 1982-83.
- Inspector Of Anglo-Indian schools 1983-85.
- Inspector of Matriculation Schools (I/C) 1983-85.
- Chief Educational Officer 1985-88.
- Deputy Director Of School Education, 1988-89.
- Secretary, Tamil Nadu Parent Teacher Association, 1988-99.
- Joint Director Of School Education, 1990-96.
- Administrative Officer, SAF Games Village, 1995-96.
- Joint Commissioner (Prohibition & Excise), 1996-97.
- Sub-Collector Vellore,1997-98.
- Sub Collector ,Tiruvallur,1997-98.
- Deputy Commissioner of Health,Chennai,1998-99.
- District Collector, Thanjavur and Chennai, 1999-01/2004-05.
- Managing Director Slum Clearance Board, 2001-02.
- Commissioner of Labour, 2002-03.
- Chairman, Tamil Nadu Construction Workers Welfare Board.
- Chairman, Tamil Nadu Auto Workers Welfare Board.
- Chairman, Tamil Nadu Manual Workers Board.
- Vice Chairman, Tamil Nadu Labour Welfare Board.
- Director of Rural Development & Panchayat Raj,2003-06.
- Managing Director, Tamil Nadu Housing Board, 2006-07.
- Commissioner of Tourism/ Mg. Director, TTDC,2007-09.
- Managing Director, Tamilnadu Cements Corpn.,2009-10.
- Transport Commissioner,2010-11.
- Secretary to Government, Tamil Development, Religious Endowment & Information,2011-16.
- Member/Chairman, Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission, 2016-17.
- Member – Indian Institute of Public Administration (IIPA).
- Life Member & President – Indian Officers Association (IOA).
- Life Member, Bharat Scouts and Guides, Tamil Nadu.
- Life Member, StJohn’s Ambulance.
- Life Member, Indian Red Cross Society, Tamil Nadu.
- Life Member, Blue Cross Society, Chennai.
- Life Member, Indian Institute of Public Administration, New Delhi.
- Life Member, Indian Council for Child Welfare, Chennai.
- Member, Gandhian Youth Forum, Chennai.
- Member, Thakkar Baba (Gandhi Vidhyalaya), Chennai.
- Member, National Council of Bharat Scouts and Guides, New Delhi.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
Major Events Organized
Seminar/Training Programs Attended
Training Programs Organized
Significant Training Programs Attended
• Opened 120 Rural Schools with active public participation.
• Organized inter school parliament and computer literacy programs.
His PhD Thesis was implemented by Government of Tamil Nadu to form a new Department for regulating unregistered nursery and matriculation schools.
Successfully managed both Drought and Flood situations in Thanjavur District, Tsunami Relief, Mobilization of funds for Thane cyclone.
Dr.M.Rajaram has brought out the ancient wisdom of Tamils very cogently and beautifully in his book TamilinPerumai (Glory of Tamil).
Former President of India
Dr. Rajaram’s translation of Thirukkural makes a garland of knowledge guiding the people on the right path. The Translation is unique in its simplicity, elegance and maintenance of poetic rhythm.
President of India (2002 – 2007)
I would like to place on record our sincere appreciation for your unstinted and selfless service rendered towards the successful conduct of Tamilnadu Global Investors Meet 2015.
Addl. Chief Secretary to GovernmentIndustries Department,
Government of Tamilnadu
Dr.M.Rajaram is a member of India’s top Civil Service, namely IAS and has a distinguished track record of more than 22 years of service. Dr.Rajaram has struck an excellent balance between readability and pragmatic approach keeping in view today’s modern, highly stressed executive.
Former Chief Vigilance Commissioner of India
Dr.M.Rajaram is a renowned Scholar, able Administrator and Distinguished Diplomat. I sincerely congratulate Dr.M.Rajaram IAS for his incredible dedication and efforts in compiling Dr.Martin Luther King Jr’s quotes.
Office of the Secretary of State House
The changing fashion scenario and the emergence of handmade goods have affected the overall look of fashion accessories. Dressing up and embellishments have acquired new connotations.
So you are thinking about making your contribution to the society? You feel confused? There are plenty of individuals like you who have similar questions in their mind.
The United States of America loves its charities and the various causes that the warm people of it stand for. All of these charity organizations have one purpose.