(Deputy Director Of School Education 1988-89 /
Joint Director 1990-96)
- Opened 120 Rural Schools with active public participation
- Organized inter school parliament and computer literacy programs
- Introduced Foster Parent Scheme, Star Schools, Job Oriented Courses
- Ensured improvement of standards in Tribal Schools
- Recruited 15,000 teachers and introduced school cluster system
- Anna Literacy Award in 1990 and Gandhi Award in 1995 from Hon’ble Governor of Tamil Nadu
(District Collector, Thanjavur 1999-2001 / Chennai 2004-05)
- Maintained communal harmony through Peace
- Released and rehabilitated 200 bonded
- Computerized records in 906 villages in Thanjavur District and received commendation from Hon’ble Chief Minister
- Formed grievance redressal cells in all Taluk Offices
- Issued 10,600 house site
pattasfor the homeless poor
- Braille watches, hearing aids, calipers, etc. to 1500 the differently abled
- Organized coaching classes for SC/ST Students aspiring IAS.
- Successfully conducted two Elections (Parliamentary and Assembly)
- 8500 Kisan Credit Cards distributed.
- Arranged Eye surgery for 900 needy people
- Developed Manora, a historical monument as a tourism destination
- Modernized/Digitalized Saraswathy Mahal Library, Thanjavur.
- Malcolm Award for Literacy
Services in1999 from Government of Tamil Nadu
- St.Johns Ambulance Award,2000
Goverment / Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments 2011-15)
- Mass marriages for 1000 couples from under-privileged society
- Digitalized temple records
- Retrieved 699 acres from encroachers
- Instrumental for Annathanam Scheme in Temples
- Renovated over 300 temples in SC/ST habitations
- Implemented Nithya Pooja in all remote village temples
- Renovation 120 temples in dilapidated condition
- Kumbhabhishekam (Consecration) in more than 1000 temples
- Rejuvenation Camps for Temple Elephants
- Renovated 100 Temple Tanks
- Renovated / Replaced 500 old Temple Cars
- Removal of non-believers acting as Fit Persons in Temples
1.Upholding Indian Heritage
(Managing Director 2001-02)
- Constructed 15,600 tenements to
- Entrepreneur training to 7369 Slum women (SC/ST)
- Constructed 499 houses for Beedi workers
- HUDCO Award for
1.In Situ Development
6.Child Labour Elimination
- Implemented Indo-US Project For Child Labour Elimination.
- Pension Scheme For Construction Workers.
- Lok Adalat – Settlement Of Claims Under Workmen’s Compensation Act.
- Settled Major Disputes In Ashok Leyland- L&T/Hindusthan Motors., ETC.
- Evolved Housing Scheme For BD Workers & Constructed 499 Houses.
- State Action Plan To Eliminate Child Labour.
- Served As A Member Inter-Ministerial Committee On Plantations To Resolve The Problems In Tea Plantations.
- Received the Encomium From Chief Justice Of Madras High Court For Speedy
SetllementOf Labour Claims Through Lok Adalat
- Raised the performance of Thanjavur District from
20th Position to the 1st position
1.Playway Teaching In Child Labour Schools.
- Computerization of all the 6522 Panchayats and 385 Block Panchayats
- Relief measures in Tsunami affected districts and received commendation from Government
- Established 626 kiosks for farmers
- Constructed 38,990 houses for the poor
- Retrieved 112 acres of Bhoodhan land from encroachers
- Awards under Nirmal Gram Purashkar
Commisioner Of Tourism And M.D Of TTDC)
- Topped in accessing Central Government funds in the country
- Established Medical Tourism Information Centre
- Popularized lesser known tourist destinations
- Introduced tourist friendly measures / tourist friendly autos and Hop On Hop off Bus Services
- Increased gross profit of Tamil Nadu State Tourism Corporation by 64%
- Identified new tourist destinations in the State
- National Award for Cultural Tourism from
Govermentof India, 2003
- National Award for Rural Tourism from
Govermentof India, 2003
- National Award from
Govermentof India for Best Collateral Publicity,2003
- CNBC Travel Award for ” Best Weekend Getaway”, 2008
3.Rural Tourism/Medical Tourism
- Enabled Tamil Nadu to be the first state in the country:
- National Permit Scheme for trucks
- Software to take action on drunken drivers
- E-Lot system for granting of EV permits for other State vehicles
- Online registration of applications for Learners’ License
- SMS service for the Citizens to know the tax payment of the vehicles
- Speed Governors for School/College Vehicles
- Permitted alteration of two wheelers with retro fitment kits to suit the differently abled persons
(Secretary To Government, Tamil Development 2012-2016)
toEnglish/Other languages & published:
- Several Tamil Classics/Rare Tamil Books of 17th, 18th and 19th Centuries
- Glossary of Tamil Administrative works
- Created 56 Awards for Tamil Scholars
- Construction of Building, Tamil Sangam Madurai
- Created Art Galleries depicting ancient Tamil life and culture.
- Created Mini Theatre To Screen Films On Ancient Tamil Culture And Lifestyle.
1.Awards for Scholars
(Secretary To Government, Information & Public Relations)
- Digital Audio work Station in Information Department
- Republic Day Celebrations Awards, New Delhi
- Data Bank on all Government schemes up to block level
- Ten memorials for freedom fighters
- Celebrations of 100 years of Cinema
- Instrumental In Making Films About Various Government