“Deeds of good men will be like fragrant Flowers”
Dr.M.Rajaram is an exceptional IAS Officer of 1992 batch with balanced and appropriate views on administration. In an illustrious career spanning over 36 years he has served in top positions of almost all major departments of Tamil Nadu. Read More
A bureaucrat par excellence, having handled virtually all major departments of state administration, excelling in implementing policies of the Government while maintaining a reputation for impeachable integrity, is an able administrator, an erudite scholar, a prolific writer and a valued patron of fine arts / temples, etc. Read More
M Ed (Education)
Asian Development Bank
- Tech Savvy
- Public Relations
- Swachh Bharat
- Temple Renovation
- Inter-personal Skills
- Leadership – Service
- Rural / Urban Housing
- Rural Infrastructure
- Poverty Alleviation
- Revenue Administration
- Media Management
- Cogent Thinker and Prolific Writer
- Non Judicial Member, Tamil Nadu Lokayukta-2019 till date
- Member/Chairman, Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission, 2016-17.
- Secretary to Government, Tamil Development, Religious Endowment & Information,2011-16.
- Transport Commissioner,2010-11.
- Managing Director, Tamilnadu Cements Corpn.,2009-10.
- Commissioner of Tourism/ Mg. Director, TTDC,2007-09.
- Managing Director, Tamil Nadu Housing Board, 2006-07.
- Director of Rural Development & Panchayat Raj,2003-06.
- Vice Chairman, Tamil Nadu Labour Welfare Board.
- Chairman, Tamil Nadu Manual Workers Board.
- Chairman, Tamil Nadu Auto Workers Welfare Board.
- Chairman, Tamil Nadu Construction Workers Welfare Board.
- Commissioner of Labour, 2002-03.
- Managing Director Slum Clearance Board, 2001-02.
- District Collector, Thanjavur and Chennai, 1999-01/2004-05.
- Deputy Commissioner of Health,Chennai,1998-99.
- Sub Collector ,Tiruvallur,1997-98.
- Sub-Collector Vellore,1997-98.
- Joint Commissioner (Prohibition & Excise), 1996-97.
- Administrative Officer, SAF Games Village, 1995-96.
- Joint Director Of School Education, 1990-96.
- Secretary, Tamil Nadu Parent Teacher Association, 1988-99.
- Deputy Director Of School Education, 1988-89.
- Chief Educational Officer 1985-88.
- Inspector of Matriculation Schools (I/C) 1983-85.
- Inspector Of Anglo-Indian schools 1983-85.
- District Education Officer 1982-83.
- Post Graduate Teacher 1979-82.
- Member – Indian Institute of Public Administration (IIPA).
- Life Member & President – Indian Officers Association (IOA).
- Life Member, Bharat Scouts and Guides, Tamil Nadu.
- Life Member, StJohn’s Ambulance.
- Life Member, Indian Red Cross Society, Tamil Nadu.
- Life Member, Blue Cross Society, Chennai.
- Life Member, Indian Institute of Public Administration, New Delhi.
- Life Member, Indian Council for Child Welfare, Chennai.
- Member, Gandhian Youth Forum, Chennai.
- Member, Thakkar Baba (Gandhi Vidhyalaya), Chennai.
- Member, National Council of Bharat Scouts and Guides, New Delhi.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
Major Events Organized
Seminar/Training Programs Attended
Traning Programs Organized
Significant Training Programs Attended
• Opened 120 Rural Schools with active public participation.
• Organized inter school parliament and computer literacy programs.
His PhD Thesis was implemented by Government of Tamil Nadu to form a new Department for regulating unregistered nursery and matriculation schools.
Successfully managed both Drought and Flood situations in Thanjavur District, Tsunami Relief, Mobilization of funds for Thane cyclone.
Dr.Rajaram is a scholar turned civil servant with admirable qualities and he has brought out the ancient wisdom of Tamils very cogently and beautifully in his book TamilinPerumai (Glory of Tamil).
Former President of India
Dr. Rajaram’s translation of Thirukkural makes a garland of knowledge guiding the people on the right path. The Translation is unique in its simplicity, elegance and maintenance of poetic rhythm.
President of India (2002 – 2007)
I would like to place on record our sincere appreciation for your unstinted and selfless service rendered towards the successful conduct of Tamilnadu Global Investors Meet 2015.
Addl. Chief Secretary to GovernmentIndustries Department,
Government of Tamilnadu
Dr.M.Rajaram is a member of India’s top Civil Service, namely IAS and has a distinguished track record of more than 22 years of service. Dr.Rajaram has struck an excellent balance between readability and pragmatic approach keeping in view today’s modern, highly stressed executive.
Former Chief Vigilance Commissioner of India
Dr.M.Rajaram is a renowned Scholar, able Administrator and Distinguished Diplomat. I sincerely congratulate Dr.M.Rajaram IAS for his incredible dedication and efforts in compiling Dr.Martin Luther King Jr’s quotes.
Office of the Secretary of State House